Spring is coming and if you are lucky enough to be an Adelaidean you will know that means wine tour season! What is the perfect shoe for comfort, style, and copious daytime wine drinking?…brogues of course!
Firstly WHY are brogues so popular??
- Is it that perfect sole and heel height?
- The sophisticated smooth leather.
- Being able to tie up your laces (women will know the difficulty of finding an actual shoe with actual laces)
- Those decorative perforations in the leather… also known as broguing.
- The fact they are a sure thing! The trend that has no signs of slowing down.
- Their versatility? Google ‘women’s brogue outfit’ and you will find EVERY single item of clothing in your wardrobe all styled with brogues.
- Colour combinations. OMG the endless possibilities.
If you own a pair of brogues you will know what makes them so incredibly desirable. If not get ready for these ways of how to wear your brogues and before you finish reading you will be putting on your trendy slides (because if you don’t own our 993 slides you should) and hot footing it down to 240 Rundle St, Adelaide to savour the Italian coffee while our staff find you the perfect colour and size.
Brogue Fact – originally brogues were a form of outdoor shoes and the holes in the leather were designed for draining water when crossing wet terrains.
Down to the nitty gritty.....
1. Cigarette pants - Pair our Thomas brogue with some sleek cigarette pants. The patent leather of the Thomas has that perfect dress up feel and the neutral colour will to with EVERYTHING.
2. Rolled up jeans - The traditional colour of our Latte brogue is the perfect addition to many looks but we love the understated smart casual mix of a blazer with jeans. Make sure you roll those jeans up to show off your shoes!
3. Stockings - Team the simple black wardrobe staple with the flashest of shoes. The colours in our Fang brogue are a true statement. Gold leather is a perfect accent colour to match with. Think gold sequin blazer.....because who doesn't own a gold sequin blazer!!!
4. Socks - Because if you don't wear socks with your brogues are you even cool? ...or warm!! But keep them plain and let your socks do the talking here, think the plain black patent leather of our Lee heeled brogue with a bright patterned sock.
5. Dress - The Hoffman brogue is your all season friend. Earthy brown and sky blue leather complimented with bright white leather makes it the perfect transitional shoe for all seasons. You cant go wrong especially with a simple dress.
6. Super Casual - For those days you want to relax the neutral tones of our Lloyd brogue are perfect to go with anything. For those days you want to make a statement, pair them with some bold colours and make that green leather pop.
7. In gold - Subtle sophistication of soft metallic leather elevates any outfit. Our Purcell brogue adds style to those serious shopping days followed by late lunches. They can even take you all the way through to the dance floor!
If you are still not convinced you need brogues in your life, pop into store and see how our staff style them on themselves! Try some on and fall in love with their comfort and quality. Italian leather never looked soo good!
See you soon,
Love Suze - Team cherri bellini
All shoes available online at www.cherribellini.com - free express delivery within Australia on all orders over $100 - limited sizes available - images courtesy of Pinterest street style, Annies world & Borora.